Reporting to the Publisher and to the Editor in Chief, serve as project coordinator for the Getty’s Art + Ideas and GRI Interview Archives podcasts and support the editorial development of print and digital publications produced in Getty Publications.
* Collaborate with Trust colleagues to determine podcast topics and to schedule interviews and recording sessions with subjects. Keep abreast of activities taking place around the Trust that could feature in podcast episodes and, when required, conduct research to identify topics and/or develop ideas for future episodes. Work with interviewers and/or hosts to conduct in-depth research on topics, to draft scripts, and to develop interview questions.
* Identify vendors and consultants to collaborate on podcasts. Work with Procurement and Legal departments to negotiate terms and contract with vendors and consultants as required. Act as liaison with vendors and consultants once hired (eg, audio engineer, sound consultant), which includes making assignments, communicating information and schedules, sharing materials, and reviewing their output.
* Create a production schedule for each episode, tracking materials as they flow through the development process and monitoring and communicating with colleagues to ensure that materials are submitted according to schedule.
* Commission transcriptions from audio files, circulate completed transcriptions to team members for editing, and review edits to transcriptions as each episode is produced to ensure quality. Once an episode has been edited, finalize transcriptions for publication on the podcast webpage, editing and proofreading to insure accuracy and synchronization with final audio recordings as required.
* Work in collaboration with podcast team members to review audio drafts and suggest edits to podcast recordings during editing process to ensure quality of sound/audio and content.
* Write episode summaries and taglines for posting on the podcast webpage on Getty.edu and for posting on other podcast distribution channels (iTunes, Google Play, etc.).
* Create podcast budgets and monitor spending to ensure project budgets are on track.
* Gather assets for use in podcast episodes or to accompany them on the podcast webpage on getty.edu, including music, images, texts, and reference links. When required, and in consultation with the Legal Department, research copyrights and clear rights for use of materials (images, texts, music).
* Track usage statistics, analyze and interpret statistics, and report to colleagues regularly.
* Work with colleagues in Trust Communications to plan and execute advertising and promotion for Getty podcasts, including identifying potential venues (print, podcast, web), drafting and/or editing text, and gathering image assets.
* Work with colleagues in the Web group to publish podcast episodes and accompanying assets to various distribution channels (webpage on Getty.edu, iTunes, Google Play.). Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that arise.
* Report regularly on project status to the Publisher and other project stakeholders.
* Keep an up-to-date inventory of podcast recording equipment that has been purchased; initiate the purchase of new equipment when required.
* Stay informed about podcast trends, technologies, and best practices by conducting research, networking, and attending professional meetings.
* Provide general support to the Editor in Chief and other Editorial staff, including tracking deadlines and submissions for book manuscripts and other project deliverables.
* Assist with the editing and proofreading of scholarly and trade publications to ensure clarity and correct use of grammar, style, and punctuation.
* Help prepare manuscripts, hardcopies, memos, and miscellaneous materials for launch, transmittal, and other meetings with authors, editors, Publications book teams, and Getty programs/departments.
* Compile book illustration credits in collaboration with Rights Coordinator or Rights Assistant.
* Conduct research as assigned for books under contract or consideration.
* Collate and check author and freelancer corrections to page proofs, jackets and covers, and other materials.
* Prepare and check updates and errata for reprints.
* Assist with the copyediting and proofreading of the seasonal sales catalog, marketing materials, ads, or other Publications content as needed.
* May assist with correspondence and tracking related to manuscript submissions, including circulating reading materials and taking minutes at Acquisitions Meetings.
* May assist with applications for Library of Congress CIP data, copyright registration, and other duties.
* Participate in the entry, proofreading, or trafficking of metadata and assets destined for the Getty Publications online repository (aka Virtual Library 2.0) as needed.
Excellent organizational and project management skills.
Strong teamwork, problem-solving, and communication skills. Ability to be diplomatic and to respond quickly and efficiently to changing objectives and shifting schedules.
Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and oral communications skills.
Experience with podcast production and technologies (audio recording, distribution).
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work both independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge of art and art history strongly preferred.