The J. Paul Getty Trust is one of the world’s most influential cultural and philanthropic institutions dedicated to the visual arts. Through its work in Los Angeles and around the world—including conservation, research, publications, exhibitions, grants, and education—the Getty’s leadership advances the understanding, presentation, and conservation of the world’s cultural heritage.
The Getty pursues its mission through the collective and individual work of its four constituent programs—the Getty Conservation Institute, the Getty Foundation, the J. Paul Getty Museum, and the Getty Research Institute. Nearly two million visitors each year enjoy art, architecture, and gardens at the Getty’s two locations in Los Angeles: the Getty Villa, and the Getty Center.
To learn more about how the Getty seeds, supports, inspires, and engages an extraordinarily broad range of audiences around the globe, please visit www.getty.edu.
As a key member of the executive team, the VP for Communications works closely with the President & CEO, the Getty’s Vice Presidents, and four Program Directors to develop strategies to communicate the Getty’s institutional vision. The VP leads a team to execute the entire range of communications activities, reaching across digital, social media, and traditional platforms in support of that vision.
The ideal candidate brings the ability to translate complex and challenging ideas and concepts into articulate and compelling stories for both general and specialized audiences. S/he will join a dedicated, passionate, and talented leadership team that works together to foster and advance a collective culture of innovation, collaboration, and transparency.
▪ Demonstrated communications leadership experience in a large, complex organization, preferably in higher education or other relevant settings in culture, art, research, government, or selected corporate environments.
▪ Technologically proficient and forward-thinking, multi-channel communicator with expertise across digital and social as well as traditional platforms.
▪ Proven success developing and implementing innovative, research-based communications strategies.
▪ Impeccable judgment in managing the image of a high-profile institution during both positive and challenging times.
▪ Sophisticated visual aesthetic appropriate to a leading global visual cultural arts organization.
▪ Collaborative style with a proven ability to develop working relationships with both internal and external partners.
▪ Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
▪ An engaging, hands-on leader who can effectively motivate and manage a team.
▪ Committed to and knowledgeable about best practices in the field.
▪ Experience working with a board of trustees and trustee-level committees.
▪ A global citizen; intellectually curious with a keen interest in arts and culture and a passion for the Getty’s mission to promote and ensure a vital civil society.
▪ Familiarity with the LA arts, education, civic, and business communities is a plus.
▪ Able to travel, as needed.
To apply, please click on the following link: https://www.howe-lewis.com/assignments. Please do not use the link below.